It's simple. You sign the B Corp Declaration of Interdependence and the B Corp Agreement. We Ring the Bell, letting everyone know you're a leader, having met what Inc Magazine calls "the highest standard in socially responsible business."
To obtain the B Corp Agreement appropriate for your business, select from the options at the bottom of this page.
B Corp Agreement Summary:
- Certification term is two years; after two year term, company recertifies
- Meet the performance requirement for B Corp certification
- Meet legal requirements appropriate for your particular corporate structure and state of incorporation
- Participate in a Certification Evaluation if randomly selected (10% of Certified B Corps selected each year)
- Annual certification fees based on the tiered structure below for all companies that submit an initial assessment after September 1, 2016 or existing Certified B Corps who recertify after January 1, 2017.
$0 - $149,999
$150,000 - $1,999,999
$2 MM - $4,999,999
$5 MM - $9,999,999
$10 MM - $19,999,999
$20 MM - $49,999,999
$50 MM - $74,999,999
$75 MM - $99,999,999
$100 MM - $249,999,999
$250 MM - $499,999,999
$500 MM - $749,999,999
$750 MM - $999,999,999
$50,000+, depending on the structure of the company. See here for more information on public companies, multinationals, and companies over $1B.
B Corp Agreements
If you aren't sure what category your company falls into, reach out to your Standards Analyst or submit your question via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For US Corporations in all other states
Also for SPCs in CA, FL, MN, TE, TX, WA, and Puerto Rico (learn more about our requirements for these SPCs)
Version for public companies, wholly-owned subsidiaries, and companies over $1B