Job Title: Warehouse Packer
Warehouse Packer @ 100km Foods
How about loading and packing a truck filled with Ontario’s most delicious, farm-fresh food, as part of a team that’s trying to make the world a more fair and more delicious place?
If the idea of good food, good people, and working on a great team sound good to you, we’d love to meet you.
We’re 100km Foods and we’re looking to add a staff of warehouse evening/night packers staff to our operation.
Why Work @ 100km Foods
100km Foods started to connect local farmers with urban markets. Through us, farmers get access to large, urban markets and our customers get access to delicious, farm-fresh food. It’s a win-win for all involved.
We deal fairly with farmers, allowing them to set their own prices, and we seek to treat all of our employees, suppliers, clients, and community with a high standard of fairness and cooperation. That has led us to become a certified B Corp (ever heard of that?).
Working with us, you’ll get to be a part of that purpose. You’ll work with great people who care about what they do, who bring a positive attitude to work, and who like to have fun.
If that sounds good, we’re looking for a team of evening/night warehouse packers for approximately 24 hours per week, with a typical week covering Monday to Thursday. Wages are $13/hour.
This is a very physical position which includes the following duties:
- Prepare, pack and complete orders according to written instructions on packing sheets
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, work area and fridges clean
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high
- Maintain consistent and quality work by following organizational procedures and methods
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Perform other duties as requested by management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent reading comprehension
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as a warehouse worker is a plus but not necessary
- Teamwork oriented and positive attitude
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 60 lbs)
- High school degree or equivalent
How to Apply
Attach your resume and cover letter and we will contact potential candidates for an interview.
About 100km Foods
100km Foods Inc. is an award winning 100% local food distribution company in Toronto, Ontario. We provide a direct connection between chefs, caterers and retailers in Toronto and producers in Ontario to purchase, sell and distribute locally grown food directly from farms to customers in Toronto. In 2010, 100km Foods Inc. was awarded the Ontario Premier's Award of Excellence in Agri-Food Innovation for the creation of a distribution model which supports the growth of the local food economy in Ontario. Our customers include many of Toronto's premier fine dining establishments, top hotels, and specialty retailers.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the online application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/17740?s=bc