Required Education Level:
Job Title: Graphic Design Manager - Consumer Packaged Goods
Dogeared was born on the beautiful beaches of Southern California in 1991. Founder Marcia Maizel-Clarke believed jewelry could be both beautiful and meaningful. The jewels are simple, modern and versatile, inspired by California’s free spirited, natural beauty. Each piece tells a story celebrating individuality, self-expression, love, and friendship. Dogeared’s unique jewels regularly appear on celebrities on and off the red carpet, as well as in fashion and lifestyle publications, movies and TV.
Dogeared lives by the philosophy that what goes around comes around, and strives to make a positive impact by handcrafting everything in the USA, being kind to the planet, and partnering with non-profit organizations who share their vision of a better world. Dogeared is a certified B-Corporation, joining a community dedicated to using business as a force of good and reaffirming Dogeared’s commitment to 'B the change.'
Position: Graphic Design Manager - Consumer Packaged Goods
The Graphic Design Manager - Consumer Packaged Goods is a dynamic and creative individual able to handle multi-faceted production environment. The ideal candidate will have broad range of experience as a production artist, creative packaging, and the ability to envision innovative in-store displays, point of purchase materials and other retail marketing materials.
They’ll formulate package design based on the project specifications and negotiating with printers and supply chain partners to determine services and rates. They’ll manage multiple projects that require working within budgets and scheduling requirements.
In addition, they develop the overall packaging design concept that communicates to our target audiences. To be successful they’ll manage multiple clients or internal stakeholders that require working within budgets and scheduling requirements. They’ll work closely with design, sales and production teams to bring practical and design solutions to life at retail and on the web.
- Formulates basic layout design or presentation approach and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, format and packaging components. Present final layouts for approval.
- Works with the Creative Director to develop packaging and POP design solutions then design and produce a variety of print collateral such as packaging, retail POP displays.
- Create graphical mockups of physical materials.
- Confers with design, sales, .com, copywriting, or production department to discuss requirements and presentation concepts and to coordinate creative activities of graphic design projects related packaging and POP.
- Responsible for applying established branding specifications to ensure work meets corporate guidelines.
- Reviews and approve art, images, materials, and proofs and determine if it conforms to standards and specifications. Reviews design drafts, proofs, and final art for production.
- Confers with Dogeared Stakeholders (sales, .com and management) to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
- Creates slide presentations, icons, and other graphics for the company's products and assists in the creation of graphic elements used in other departments.
- Researches current trends and new technology, such as printing production techniques, computer software, and design trends.
- Attends photo shoots and printing sessions to ensure that quality standards and met and ideal assets are generated that align within the Dogeared brand.
- Work closely with the sales, design & production departments to implement changes of production process to meet company and client’s needs.
- Hires and trains Production Artist(s) who will prepare files for production.
- +5 years’ experience graphic design with a portfolio that includes retail solutions such as displays, packaging, and or in-store materials, 3+ year with CPG packaging design preferred.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with clients and collages.
- BA or MA in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design or Visual Arts.
- Management Skills
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Technology Skills
- Utilizing, maintaining, and training team members with:
- Project management software
- Office suite software
- Desktop publishing software
- Asset management system
- Secure file transfer system
- Wholesale digital marketplace software platform
- Technical experience required:
- Adobe CS 5
- Photoshop (including 3D mockup rendering)
- FTP uploading
- CPG and POP— Knowledge of concepting unique POP and packaging creative directions for a variety of clients and channels. This includes all aspect of design projects such as thumbnails, comps, illustrations, photo retouching, layout, and 3D mockups. Strong knowledge of printing: preparing print-ready files for vendors.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services at brick and mortar, tradeshows and online.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, typography and principals involved in production of precision technical POP and packaging.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. This includes expectational product management, organizational, interpersonal skills and extremely detail oriented.
- Utilizing, maintaining, and training team members with:
Our online application requires that you apply for this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting you'll receive an email allowing you to log in and view your assessment results and application.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/14677?s=bc