Job Title: Digital and Event Marketing Associate
We’re amazing at what we do (helping people and companies do meaningful work), but we haven’t been great at spreading the word. So, we’re looking for an eager-to-learn, determined, energetic marketing professional to help us translate four years of experience and insights into content that builds our community. As a member of our small team, this person will be able and expected to contribute beyond the scope of this role, according to our needs, and your skills and interests.
What you'll do at IC:
- Transform existing content into marketing materials
- Build IC's online presence and following
Event Strategy and Management
- Develop event concepts with guidance from IC team and participants
- Manage promotion and execution of events
- Develop a reporting system to track, monitor, and improve marketing outcomes
- Support business development through online and offline events and content
- Manage marketing systems, track metrics, and analyze and report progress, helping to shape our on- and offline marketing strategy
- Help build and roll out a CRM
- Manage graphic design work with consultants and Upwork contractors
- 30% ‘as-needed’ work around IC, per our needs and your talents and interests
What you've been doing, pre-IC, has given you:
- 1-4 years’ experience in marketing roles, including copywriting, digital marketing, social media community building, and event planning
- Familiarity with marketing tools and software, such as Facebook Ads; CRM software (maybe Insightly or Pipedrive); Drip.co; Leadpages.net
- Ability to distill big ideas into action-inspiring bitesize content
- Passion for helping to make work meaningful, for professionals and employers
- Commitment to continuous improvement, and comfort with the Reid Hoffman belief that if you’re not embarrassed by your first release, you shipped too late
- Belief in the power of leverage by dot-connecting, or as eShares teaches, "maximizing impact for a given effort"
- Appreciation of the flexibility, ambiguity, and collaboration of startup life
Inspiring Capital is an awesome team to be part of. We've got big plans, all related to making work meaningful (and so, motivating). We think hard, work smart, collaborate with other inspiring organizations and individuals, and never - or at least rarely! - forget to have a good time doing it!
Crain's named us 1 of 10 "socially responsible startups that are changing the way New York does business"! We're also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks that IC team members particularly enjoy:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Work-from-home options
- Flexible schedule and vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Authentic, supportive and striving work environment
- Quarterly retreats and other regular team brainstorms
- Frequent IC-hosted, -condoned, and -facilitated networking opportunities
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting August 4, with a target start date of mid to late September. We take hiring seriously to find the best match between your skills and our needs. And so, we aim to be thorough, transparent, and human! The next steps are:
- Phone screen (20-30 min)
- Submission of a sample work process (2-3 days turnaround)
- In-person top-grading interview (1.5-2 hours)
- Reference checks (2-3 days turnaround)
PLEASE NOTE: we do not consider applications submitted without a cover letter. If you're interested, include a resume and cover letter describing your interest in our work and qualifications for THIS specific position.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the online application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/20380?s=bc