Job Title: Sales Manager
Are you seeking a career where you can make a difference? MutualAid eXchange (MAX), a Midwest based property and casualty insurance company is more than insurance. MAX was built from a strong heritage and defines itself through its vision, mission, values and brand.
We are a uniquely positioned faith and values based property and casualty insurance company providing insurance across the US. Our mission of creating and sustaining wholeness is lived out through four key core values: stewardship, community, mutual aid and seeking divine guidance. The spirit of wholeness is provided through insurance products and our Mutual Aid Ministries program which includes the MAX Share Fund, a 501(c)3 charitable organization wherein we offer emotional, physical and spiritual wholeness.
MAX is seeking candidates to fill a Sales Manager role in the Midwest. This position will work directly with the Field Sales Director and will be responsible for overall sales development in an assigned territory. Where you reside is negotiable.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the Independent Agency Sales of our company and agency products:
- Recruit, contract with, and set up new agencies and/or agency producers (sub-agents), within the assigned geographic territory.
- Establish expectations of agencies and/or agency producers (sub-agents) as relates to agency business, set goals, monitor performance, and provide feedback.
- Function as a liaison between agencies, agency producers and MAX insurance operations staff to promote teamwork.
- Contribute to the development of product and rate in the territory assigned by tracking and providing feedback on market conditions and competitiveness of the MAX products in the marketplace.
- Develop a strong agency sales culture by working with other MAX departments to train, coach, and develop agency producers. Work with Independent Agency support personnel on sales techniques, available products, marketing, risk selection criteria, risk analysis, technology systems, and procedures.
- Develop Independent Agencies understanding of MAX Values and overall corporate mission and culture in order to facilitated continued growth and partnership in Mutual Aid Ministries.
Collaborate with MAX marketing personnel, the Field Sales Director, and others as needed to develop strategic plans and budgets to market our company and agency products through our Independent Agencies.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues in the Insurance Operations, Mutual Aid Ministries, Marketing and Information, and Finance Teams to maximize effective operations and achieve corporate goals and objectives within the assigned geographic territory.
- Participate in the development of an organizational culture that serves our values-based market with excellent insurance products and services as well as mutual aid ministries in compliance with our corporate values.
- Develop and oversee budgets and monitor team and entity performance and results as assigned by the Field Sales Director.
- Identify issues that impact the MAX companies and present possible solutions to the Field Sales Director and other key Management Staff.
- Seek opportunities to use standard operating procedures, technology, etc. to improve overall processes and efficiencies within the assigned geographic territory.
- Significant travel within the assigned geographic territory as necessary to perform the required job responsibilities.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Field Sales Director.
- Minimum of three years sales/marketing experience preferably in the property and casualty insurance industry
- Strong knowledge of effective sales/marketing techniques; ability to partner with agencies and their agents to motivate and support their sales efforts
- An attitude of excellence in customer service; ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to travel within an assigned territory
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related work experience
- Being part of a team that makes a difference through a unique insurance program
- Competitive salary
- Generous employee benefit package
To learn more about MAX and those we serve, see www.maxinsurance.com.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the online application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/13137?s=bc