Required Education Level:
Job Title: Account Manager / Public Relations Specialist
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
Rescue Agency is currently managing the Federal Drug Administration's national LGBT tobacco prevention campaign, This Free Life. We are seeking to add an individual who has applicable skills in account management and public relations as well as direct insights into the LGBT young adult target audience. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a first-of-its-kind campaign dedicated to promoting a healthy tobacco-free lifestyle for LGBT young adults.
The Account Manager / Public Relations Specialist reports to the Sr. Account Supervisor and is the primary client contact on day-to-day development and implementation of marketing communication programs for the brand’s influencers, community partnerships, and targeted earned media efforts. This individual acts as a liaison between Rescue, pertinent external partners/contractors, and the client and is responsible for collaborating with all agency team members on campaign-related strategies and tactics. The job of the Account Manager entails activities pertaining to, but not limited to:
- Maintain a positive relationship with the client and all partners and stakeholders;
- Address client concerns while ensuring that implemented strategies follow Rescue’s internal recommendations;
- Assist in managing client expectations based on what they want in a specific deliverable and provide realistic timelines to complete any given deliverable.
- Maintaining a database of influencers who have been considered for the campaign with careful consideration to approving only those who are most authentic to the audience yet appropriate for a public health campaign;
- Manage all outreach to influencers who will participate in the digital media amplifications, social media, as well as events, and/or creative assets;
- Oversee influencer contracting process/agreements, communication, monitoring, and vetting.
- Maintain relationships with community partners;
- Facilitate all partnership discussions and related deliverables;
- Manage the earned media subcontractor and public relations efforts;
- Support management of Brand Ambassadors.
- Misc. Account and Project Management support;
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree +2 years relevant experience OR 7 years relevant experience OR Master's Degree;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong travel planning experience;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once;
- Experience working in the LGBT community and/or with LGBT youth or young adults;
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment;
- Proven comfort with numbers to perform basic financial tasks;
- Client management experience;
- Experience in project management and/or account management;
- Experience working with digital, social media and/or web teams;
- Experience in a marketing and/or advertising company or department;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize numerous projects at once;
- Exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Status: Full-time Position
Benefits: Learn more about the benefits of working at Rescue here: http://rescueagency.com/careers/
Travel: Less than 20% of the time, as needed
Minimum Age: Must be 21 y/o or older
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to email@example.com.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer