Required Education Level:
Job Title: Marketing Intern
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
The Marketing Intern reports to the Marketing Director and is responsible for assisting in and collaborating on various marketing-related tasks such as researching contacts, organizing event information, compiling potential promotional activities, composing tweets and emails, and other various tasks that relate to promoting an upcoming conference. The intern will also help keep track of conference calendars, social media content calendars, upcoming events, and award submissions.
The Marketing Intern position entails activities pertaining to, but not limited to:
- Research and Compile Lists: Brainstorm and research new contacts; Research emails for conference attendee lists; Research and compile lists for sponsors, conference opportunities, and events.
- Media & Social Media Support: Brainstorm ideas for social media content; Create images and graphics; Curate lists of influencers on Twitter; Reach out to potential conference attendees on Twitter and LinkedIn; Find media clips and research relevant newsworthy topics.
- Assist with Marketing & Events: Update conference and award calendars; Create templates for conference abstracts and award submissions; Create press packs and marketing collateral for conferences and events; Help with event details and logistics as needed.
- Opportunity to draft blogs, email copy, social media, or other marketing collateral.
- High School Diploma/GED;
- Experience researching contacts and compiling data in Excel or Google Sheets;
- Experience building lists on Twitter;
- Experience creating social media content for a company, organization, or campaign;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once;
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment;
- Proven comfort with large research projects to create detail-oriented lists.
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Part-time Position
Travel: Once per quarter or less
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to email@example.com.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer