Required Education Level:
Job Title: Research Intern
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
The Research Intern reports to the Jr. Research Associate, and is responsible for assisting in organizational and logistical tasks for the Research Department on both internal and client projects. Responsibilities may include tasks such as quantitative and qualitative data entry and review, printing and prepping materials for onsite data collection, and assisting with research project logistics and coordination. A successful Research Intern is a quick learner, detail oriented, organized, and able to balance multiple tasks at once. The Research Intern will be expected to work 16 to 29 hours per week, schedule to be determined upon hire.
The job of the Research Intern entails activities pertaining to, but not limited to:
Data Entry and Management:
- Assist in data quality review and organization;
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data entry;
- Perform focus group audio transcription.
Research Project Organization:
- Assist in updating and organizing web-based file archives;
- Print and prepare materials for onsite data collection efforts;
- Coordinate and pack research equipment for onsite data collection trips;
- Organize research supplies and materials following data collection trips.
- Perform secondary research and/or literature searches, as needed;
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma/GED (currently pursuing or recently received Bachelor’s degree);
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize numerous projects at once;
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who can remain focused;
- Ability to interface with all levels, both within our organization, and externally;
- Exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Background or interest in health, research, and communications.
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Part-time paid internship
Duration: Internship will last through May 2017, with possibility to extend
Travel: No more than 2 times per month, if available to travel
Minimum Age: Must be 21 y/o or older
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to email@example.com.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer