Required Education Level:
Job Title: Social Media Management Intern
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Social Media Management Intern to gain hands-on experience in social media marketing and online community management. The ideal candidate has a passion for behavior change, a history of excelling in previous roles, and is capable of working in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Working with the Brand Manager to collect culturally relevant content for each of Rescue’s social brands on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat;
- Creating a media library to streamline future content sourcing;
- Writing blog posts, social media posts, and other communication materials for social media;
- Researching digital trends and the online behaviors of specific target audiences;
- Working closely with the Integrated Marketing Strategist and Brand Manager to develop a database of responses to possible comments on social media, both positive and negative;
- Researching social media crisis management strategies and incorporate them into a response bank
- Pull paid and organic social media metrics and organize them to be implemented in client reports;
- Track social media performance across multiple platforms and provide insights into what works best.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Basic skills using a Mac and Microsoft Word;
- A strong interest in social media marketing;
- First-hand experience using social media for professional efforts, specifically Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Snapchat;
- Working in a fast-paced environment;
- Consistent schedule and availability.
Location: San Diego, CA
Status: Part-time position
Travel: Once per quarter or less
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer