Required Education Level:
Job Title: Building Performance Field Technician/Analyst
Do you love helping other people succeed and want to ‘be the change’ by playing an important part is something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that sustainable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? Do you enjoy working independently and owning your results? Do you welcome a challenge with a ‘make it happen ‘attitude? If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
Southern Energy Management (SEM) is a pioneering sustainable energy company with big plans for the future. We are seeking a full-time Residential Building Performance Field Technician responsible for performing visual inspections, collecting field data and verifying single-family homes to various green ratings and certifications such as Energy Star, NGBS, LEED for Homes and more. The majority of your time is in the field and will require daily travel throughout SEM’s Charlotte market.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, eager to learn and willing to do whatever it takes to make each project a success.
- Field test new buildings for energy efficiency performance factors including whole house air leakage and duct leakage.
- Inspect new buildings for compliance with required energy efficient construction and program details in framing, insulation, air barrier, and HVAC.
- Accurate and expedient data entry of field collected data.
- Work closely and collaboratively with builders and subcontractors, providing onsite technical assistance with means and methods for achieving specification and/or certification standards.
- Excellent communication skills - both written & verbal.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong math and geometry skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word
- Fast and accurate data entry (demonstrate the ability to type >40 words per minute).
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds for 100 feet unassisted.
- Ability to work outdoors, in basements, crawl spaces and attics.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Access to a reliable vehicle with adequate space for the transport of equipment.
- OSHA 10 preferred.
- Experience with HERS ratings and REM/Rate modeling software preferred.
- Basic energy modeling skills is a definite plus.
- Having the HERS Rater and/or NGBS Green Verifier designation is preferred.
- Good customer relationship skills are of utmost importance as the position requires working closely with SEM’s multifamily project managers along with project GC’s, architects and subcontractors.
- A strong commitment to sustainable energy and dedication to the core values and long-term vision of SEM is a must.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting you'll receive an email allowing you to log in and view your assessment results and application.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/13058?s=bc