Required Education Level:
Job Title: Neighborhood Solar Canvasser
Do you seek to “be the change” by playing an important part in something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that sustainable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? If so, we want to hear from you.
Southern Energy Management’s mission is to change the way people make and use energy and we’re proud to be one of the first sustainable energy companies to certify as a B-Corporation. To support our solar energy team we are currently seeking a summer Neighborhood Solar Canvasser for around 25-30 hours per week. This role’s primary responsibility is the generation and qualification of new solar leads and setting next-day appointments for the outside sales team.
- Map out best walking routes and canvass target neighborhoods supplied by marketing
- Perform quick visual assessments to evaluate solar system potential (roofline, shading, etc)
- Succinctly present compelling reasons to homeowners for evaluating solar further
- Gauge customer values, needs and wants for outside sales rep notes
- Schedule next-day appointment for outside sales rep
- Provide reporting of appointments set and hours worked
- Call in to weekly sales and marketing meetings
- Meet or exceed appointment setting targets as set by the marketing manager
- Communicates and shares best practices with management and team
- Motivated and driven to succeed in helping homeowners go solar
- Ability to manage time well to meet deadlines, goals and quotas
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in an unsupervised environment
- Professional grooming and appearance
- Ability to read and interpret body language and homeowner signals
- Ability to identify and overcome basic objections
- Ability to simply and succinctly present key message points
- Previous door to door or appointment setting experience preferred
This position is based in the Myrtle Beach/Conway, SC area and paid both hourly and with generous incentives per appointment set and contract closed.
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting you'll receive an email allowing you to log in and view your assessment results and application.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/16741?s=bc