Required Education Level:
Job Title: Digital Graphic Designer
Position: Digital Graphic Designer
Reports To: Sr. Graphic Design Manager
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Rate: $20 - $25 depending on experience
Dogeared was born on the beautiful beaches of Southern California in 1991. Founder Marcia Maizel-Clarke believed jewelry could be both beautiful and meaningful. The jewels are simple, modern and versatile, inspired by California’s free spirited, natural beauty. Each piece tells a story celebrating individuality, self-expression, love, and friendship. Dogeared’s unique jewels regularly appear on celebrities on and off the red carpet, as well as in fashion and lifestyle publications, movies and TV.
Dogeared lives by the philosophy that what goes around comes around, and strives to make a positive impact by handcrafting everything in the USA, being kind to the planet, and partnering with non-profit organizations who share their vision of a better world. Dogeared is a certified B-Corporation, joining a community dedicated to using business as a force of good and reaffirming Dogeared’s commitment to 'B the change.'
Position: Digital Graphic Designer
The Digital Graphic Designer is responsible for the design and production of digital collateral including website assets, e-blasts and templates, online ads, social media campaigns, content management support and various other marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have broad range of experience as a graphic artist and the capability to design for both digital and print.
This Digital Graphic Designer will partner with the Sr. Graphic Design Manager and Ecommerce Marketing Director to execute content design based on the project specifications. They’ll manage multiple projects that require working with tight scheduling requirements, and will be responsible for the development and production of a wide variety of integrated marketing materials across multiple media, including digital and print.
- Design and produce creative marketing materials for digital and print.
- Collaborate with Design and Marketing teams on projects to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Work with Marketing Manager and Sr. Graphic Design Manager to communicate any challenges with timing and deliverables.
- Carry the company brand through all aspects of the website, e-mails, printed materials, and social media.
- Work with product images and photography and maintain standards for fonts and colors within the context of the brand.
- Interact with project teams to ensure that collateral and design elements are understood, implemented and produced appropriately.
- Circulate creative proofs for approval and maintain a library of artwork for all materials within internal filing system.
- Ensure that copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style.
- Other design duties, as assigned.
- +3 years’ experience in digital graphic design with a strong portfolio that shows a clear command of all aspects of visual design, including typography, composition, color, use of photography, and information organization.
- Understanding of responsive design best practices and implementation.
- Experience with Ecommerce and digital publishing.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues.
- BA or MA in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, Marketing, Fine Art Design, or related discipline.
- Video editing capabilities not required, but would be a plus.
Technical experience required:
Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite in a MAC environment, including but not limited to the following programs:
- Acrobat Pro
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Expertise in responsive design strategy
Ability to utilize and maintain:
- Project management software
- Asset management system
- Secure file transfer system
- Wholesale digital marketplace software platform
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, typography and industry trends. Ideally it should be someone who can concept, know the difference between an idea and an execution.
- Digital —Worked in digital for a few years and understands the medium at some capacity, and how broad it is, has an understanding of the technology being used and best practices.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services online, as well as brick and mortar, and tradeshows.
- Language – Excellent written, verbal, and spelling skills in English
Dogeared is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our online application requires that you apply for this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting you'll receive an email allowing you to log in and view your assessment results and application.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/17753?s=bc