Required Education Level:
Job Title: Business Technology Services Manager
IT professionals and consultants: Are you interested in work that allows you to have a positive social impact? Do you enjoy identifying improvement opportunities and problem solving? How would you like to apply your IT expertise to supporting socially responsible, independent, and community-owned retail businesses?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) seeks an experienced business technology subject-matter expert with strong assessment, program management, and communication skills to help retail food co-ops across the country improve security, maximize efficiencies, and effectively utilize data. We are looking for a leader who can assess IT systems, create and communicate best practices, develop and manage new services and programs, and provide training and guidance to IT staff at individual co-ops.
The individual who accepts this position will support the success of food co-ops and the positive impact they have on their communities by helping them compete in a rapidly changing marketplace. This position is based out of one of NCG’s main offices (St. Paul, MN; Carrboro, NC; Iowa City, IA; or Portland, OR) and requires up to 50% travel. Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as customer-facing subject matter expert in business technology for NCG member co-ops
- Conduct business technology assessments for member co-ops, including delivery of professionally written reports and in-person presentation of results
- Identify, document and promote preferred practices in business technology and the adoption of standardized systems and services at NCG co-ops
- Help develop and serve as primary manager for all business technology related projects and services
- Manage the scheduling and performance of external business technology vendors supplying services
- Provide field support and general assistance to NCG co-ops
- Assist in coordination of IT related communications with members
Our people are our assets: we offer a generous salary and benefits package including four weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
About NCG: National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative serving retail food co-ops in the United States. Our 151 member and associate co-ops operate over 200 retail food stores in 38 states with combined annual sales of nearly $2 billion and over 1.3 million consumer owners. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related area, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of five years’ experience in providing direct IT client services and/or utilizing managed services for client support
- Experience conducting Business Technology assessments and evaluations, and managing Business Technology projects
- Demonstrated vendor relationship management skills
- Experience providing remote IT support
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex IT concepts to a general business or non-technical audience
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time involving air travel and multi-overnight stays
- Experience working in an IT Managed Service environment preferred
- Microsoft Certifications (MCDST, MOS, MCT) preferred