Job Title: Director of Sales - Food Service
Director of Sales - Food Service – Available Immediately
Preserve (www.preserveproducts.com) is the leading producer of stylish 100% recycled household products. We turn yogurt cups into toothbrushes and take-out containers into cutting boards. Through innovations in recycling, environmentally responsible materials, and sustainable design, we’ve been finding more resourceful ways to make everyday products for the kitchen, table, and bathroom since 1996. Our company is powered by the recycling efforts of individuals and companies via our Preserve Gimme 5 program. Through this program, we accept #5 plastics that many US municipalities do not recycle—such as yogurt cups and other common household containers—transforming them into new Preserve products. All of our recycling and manufacturing is done in the USA. Preserve empowers people to make everyday choices that are better for the earth while offering real solutions without compromise. Preserve products can be found at forward-thinking retailers like Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe’s, Target, and a variety of grocery and natural food stores. Preserve is also a certified B Corp—a type of corporation that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems (www.bcorporation.net).
Preserve is located in Waltham, MA and is easily accessible from public transportation.
Preserve is a pioneering company with a vibrant entrepreneurial spirit. As a vital member of our team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact from day one. You’ll be leading our fastest growing division and setting the strategic direction for Preserve in the food service and facilities management arena. We’re looking for someone who is experienced in new business ventures, or division management, or has significant experience in the food services industry. You will build on our recent success in this channel and work with Preserve’s sales team to introduce Preserve’s portfolio of food service offerings to new customers and build continued engagement with current partners.
The Food Service Division Director will focus on new business development opportunities and will also work on a mix of product development projects and partnership engagement. Depending on your experience and background, the following responsibilities will be part of the role:
- Direct the budgeting and strategic planning for the food service division.
- Work closely with partners in the industry, such as Sysco, Sodexo, Aramark, & Compass to introduce Preserve to new customers.
- Manage and develop a team of Food Service sales people at both sales rep firms and account managers at Preserve’s food service partners.
- Coordinate new product development and management with product development, sales and marketing departments.
- Direct the introduction of food service products to key partners (new and existing), overseeing the development of supporting materials such as presentations and spreadsheets
- Build quantitative analyses to assist in decision making, such as financial models including costing, pricing, and forecasting data to assess product profitability and ROI analyses
- Collaborate with marketing to further establish Preserve’s environmental differentiation on consumer and program collateral
- Research topics to formulate Preserve’s sustainability stance on new materials and processes
Work with customers, suppliers, manufacturers and sales teams to ensure excellent product delivery and customer management.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience working with food service or facilities management is a plus. An ideal candidate will have experience leading a division.
Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Skills necessary to be successful in the role include:
- Leadership and Entrepreneurial qualities
- Superior project management skills
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Attention to detail and pride in accuracy and organization
- Strong research and proven quantitative analysis capabilities
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Sustainability experience preferred
- Success in this role will require the:
- Ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of responsibilities, from detail-driven to strategic
- Ability to track project progress in order to meet deadlines and budgets
- Ability to influence people and functions
- Ability to work autonomously and be held accountable for deliverables and overall performance
- The people we would like to work with are:
- Team players with positive can-do attitudes
- Interested in a small company atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-motivated and energetic, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Committed to the environment and socially responsible business
- Passionate about the Preserve brand and working towards our goal of bringing Preserve products and mission to millions of new households
Culture at Preserve
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit. We take action and believe strongly in calculated risks. We aim to take our work seriously, but also to laugh at ourselves. Underlying all that we do is a respect for each other and an acknowledgement that it is our unique experiences and perspectives that make us a stronger team. We are flexible but accountable. We work hard and play as often as we can, sharing potlucks, birthdays, and tossing a Frisbee after an outdoor meeting.
Benefits include 50% of healthcare insurance and policies to support quality of life (e.g., paid community service days, generous holiday schedule). Preserve is seeking an entrepreneur for this position who is comfortable being compensated partially through performance-based compensation driven by the division’s success and partially through a base salary. Compensation is dependent on experience.
To apply for the position, please apply via our B Work link. Please include a cover letter detailing why you are the right fit for this role (please include your first and last name in each document’s file name e.g., Jane.Smith.resume.pdf and Jane.Smith.cover.doc) No phone calls please.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the online application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/17591?s=bc