Job Title: Senior Software Developer
B Lab is a non-profit dedicated to building a new sector of the economy that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. In pursuit of this vision, B Lab focuses on (i) establishing social and environmental performance standards for certifying B Corporations, (ii) developing B Analytics, a customizable platform for measuring, benchmarking, and reporting on impact, and (iii) promoting a new corporate form for profit-based companies providing a public benefit. For more information, visit www.bcorporation.net, www.b-analytics.net, and www.benefitcorp.net.
Work with B Lab’s technology and product team to:
- Design and develop all aspects of B Lab’s technology platforms to meet the needs of internal and external users.
- Improve the user experience for the B Impact Assessment. The B Impact Assessment is accessed daily by a global base of business leaders and entrepreneurs. These business leaders operate with a range of internet speeds, different cultural contexts, and varying levels of internet savviness. We want to improve the UI of the B Impact Assessment to meet the needs of current users while also making the system more inclusive and easier to approach so that all business leaders can access and find value from the Assessment.
- Extend the B Analytics platform, built on a Force.com, Customer Portal, and GoodData (a BI platform), to better meet the needs of our users. They want features that allow more customization of both data-collection and reporting, and better integration with existing systems & processes within their businesses.
- 3+ years of web application development experience, both front and back-end
- An interest in UI/UX and some UI experience
- 2+ years experience developing custom applications on the Salesforce Force.com platform using Apex and Visualforce
- Strong practical deployment knowledge of VisualForce, Salesforce configurations, Apex classes, Apex Triggers, Apex Web services, and APIs
- Advanced Salesforce user and administrator skills (including using permissions, roles, profile, queues, security setup, views, and page layouts)
- Understanding of SFDC Governor Limits and best practice guidelines
- Experience with one or more web platform APIs such as Google, Amazon.com
- Google Analytics experience
- Drupal experience
- GoodData or other BI platform experience
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Sense of humor, a positive outlook, and an easy-going manner when working with others
Reports to: John Hillstrom, CTO, Accountable to: entire B Lab team
Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com, please use job title in subject line.