South Boston, Massachusetts
About Tech Networks of Boston
Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is a Boston-based information services company who works collaboratively with mission-based organizations to enhance their effective use of information technology. TNB lives by the motto, “we’re better together.” Working together, Tech Networks can reduce the cost of an organization’s IT services while making life easier for end users. Because every budget is different, the TNB staff is trained to collaborate with a company’s staff to jointly provide the kind of support that an organization needs.
TNB’s clients identify and meet their information technology requirements by supplementing internal IT resources with additional staff and services available from Tech Networks. Services include IT strategic planning and assessment services, IT services management, IT security assessments, security awareness training, project management, data integration, software development, web design, systems engineering, training, deskside support, and 24/7 support services including help desk, remote server monitoring and emergency onsite service.
Tech Networks of Boston strives to be a leader in service to the community by:
- Founding the Climate Action Business Association, a group of community businesses leading the battle to stop climate change, incorporate the cost of pollution into market prices, and build resilient local economies.
- Participating in Green Street’s Walk/Ride Day Corporate Challenge, where employees “check-in” their commute on the last Friday of every month, providing a recurring opportunity to think about – and often to explore – more environmentally friendly and healthy commuting options.
- Hosting nonprofit technology Roundtable sessions, where area professionals present topics of vital interest, including nonprofit management, social media strategies and best practices for technology in a rapidly changing landscape.
- Creating and moderating the Boston Charity Events website to help non-profit clients spread the word about upcoming fundraising events. Boston Charity Events is an online calendar featuring fun events where all the profits go to a worthy cause. Charities can submit their own listings by filling out a form right on the website. A monthly Boston Charity Events e-newsletter is sent to over 10,000 subscribers.
Through partnerships with local educational institutions, Tech Networks provides internships for participants in computer training programs. Successful graduates are hired as deskside support technicians (DSTs) to work with client organizations while receiving benefits and training from Tech Networks. Tech Networks offers all employees opportunities for professional development, training and incentives for Microsoft certifications. As part of their commitment to spending money where values are, TNB invests in the local community by creating a bright career path for disadvantaged youth in the IT profession. Participating generously and responsibly in local, business, client and world communities are core values of TNB.
Tech Networks of Boston’s annual benefit report can be viewed here: Tech Networks of Boston – Annual Benefit Report.
Tech Networks of Boston’s double-digit growth rate has brought national recognition from the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City. Other awards include a Green Business Award from the City of Boston, MSP 250 Most Influential IT Service Providers, and the MHT Tech Citizenship award.
The Change We Seek®
Tech Networks of Boston’s Mission is to empower positive change in the world by enabling mission driven organizations with the tools and technologies that extend their reach and improve their impact so that they achieve their mission.
TNB strives to:
- Enable organizations to use innovative and effective tools to serve human needs.
- Foster a community of practice so that our clients build a mature information services aligned with their mission and goals.
- Engage with people at all levels of our client organizations so that they learn, manage information, and communicate easily in a safe and supportive computing environment.
- Provide one million hours of mission-focused training and services by 2025.
What makes us a better company?
B Impact Report
The Environment section of the Assessment evaluates a company's environmental performance through its facilities; materials, resource, and energy use; and emissions. Where applicable, it also considers a company's transportation/distribution channels and environmental impact of its supply chain. This section also measures whether a company's products or services are designed to solve an environmental issue, including products that aid in the provision of renewable energy, conserve resources, reduce waste, promote land/wildlife conservation, prevent toxic/hazardous substance or pollution, or educate, measure, or consult to solve environmental problems.
The Worker section of the survey assesses the company's relationship with its workforce. This section measures how the company treats its workers through compensation, benefits, training, and ownership opportunities provided to workers. It also focuses on the overall work environment within the company through management/worker communication, job flexibility and corporate culture, and worker health and safety practices.
The Customers section of the Assessment measures the impact a company has on its customers. The section focuses on whether a company sells products or services that promote public benefit, and if those products/services are targeted towards serving underserved populations. Questions in this section will measure whether a company's product or service is designed to solve a social or environmental issue (e.g. improves health, preserves environment or creates economic opportunity to individuals or communities, promotes the arts/sciences, or increases the flow of capital to purpose-driven enterprises).
The Community section of the survey assesses a company's impact on its community. The Community section evaluates a company's supplier relations, diversity, and involvement in the local community. The section also measures the company's practices and policies around community service and charitable giving. In addition, this section includes if a company's product or service is designed to solve a social issue, including access to basic services, health, education, economic opportunity, arts, and increasing the flow of capital to purpose-driven enterprises.
The Governance section of the Assessment evaluates a company's accountability and transparency. The section focuses on the company's mission, stakeholder engagement, and overall transparency of the company's practices and policies.
|Overall B Score||55|
80 out of 200 is eligible for certification
*Of all businesses that have completed the B Impact Assessment
*Median scores will not add up to overall
Press & Awards
• 2013 Greenovate Awards Go»
• Tech Networks Accolades Go»
• Climate Action Business Association Go»
• Boston Charity Events Go»
• Tech Networks Facebook Go»
• Tech Networks Twitter Go»
• Tech Networks LinkedIn Go»
• Tech Networks Foursquare Go»
• Tech Networks Instagram Go»
• Tech Networks TechieBlog Go»