Welcome to Yumbutter. Yumbutter crafts stellar nut butters that rock your mouth & fuel your body. On top of that, they infuse their potions with love. Yep, love. For every one you buy you help feed a malnourished child in the developing world through Yumbutter's BuyOne:FeedOneTM business model.
Yumbutter is powered by Matt & adrian, Co-Chief Revolutionaries, who use it as a platform to improve people’s lives through food & spread compassion. With a desire to use business as a means for good, Matt & adrian have evolved Yumbutter into the leading socially conscious nut butter company by focusing on 4 foundations of their Holistic Responsibility model:
1) Create food that is clean, fun, and fair. This means Yumbutter’s food is approachable, healthy, and fair to the supply chain helping to create it. Customer health should always come first.
2) Overshare about holistic health. By doing so, Yumbutter aims to empower their customers (and others) to take their health into their own hands and create a healthier, happier, and more sustainable lifestyle.
3) Grow compassion through the supply chain. Through their BuyOne:FeedOne business model, Yumbutter partners with non-profits working to alleviate malnutrition and save lives. They also treat our supply chain with compassion in all ways, aiming to share a smile and develop relationships, not transactions. Yumbutter’s food is made at a facility that provides jobs for people with disabilities.
4) Support organic food and responsible farmers and companies. Yumbutter helps grow the market for more responsible food, including transition and organic.
Yumbutter creates the world they want to live in through classic, homestyle peanut butters and almond butters and mind-blowing potions like Asian Jazz, Dark Chocolate D’lishe, and Cranberry & Coconutty. In addition, Yumbutter is launching YumbutterGO!, the world’s first GO-Anywhere™ nut butter, which is power-packed with superfoods. YumbutterGO! brings serious nutrition into your every day life. Work, gym, trail, and everything in between. When you eat Yumbutter you...Eat Good. Fuel Good.™
B Corp companies are creating the change we want to see in the world. For us, being in a community that nurtures this spirit of compassion and responsibility is an amazing opportunity to become inspired and grow greater change. In turn, we strive to support B Corps in every way possible.
The Change We Seek®
Yumbutter is committed to crafting life-giving food - food that’s nutritious, delicious, and sustainable. They are evolving their current line of simply wholesome & homestyle potions into a line of organic nut butters & the world’s first GO-Anywhere™ nut butter + superfoods, with the goal of bringing more nutrition into people’s everyday on-the-go lives.
From 2012 to 2013, Yumbutter directed over 15,000 ready-to-use therapeutic food sachets to malnourished kids in the developing world, helping to feed the children’s hungry brains and bodies. Over the coming years, Yumbutter’s BuyOne:FeedOne business model will diversify to support different feeding models in Haiti and Guatemala, with targets expected to help feed and recuperate over 300,000 children in need.
Yumbutter’s goal is to create a business that shines on the world in all aspects - Holistic ResponsibilityTM. Through this example, Yumbutter can show the world that business and society can intersect harmoniously by leading with compassion.
What makes us a better company?
B Impact Report
The Governance section of the Assessment evaluates a company's accountability and transparency. The section focuses on the company's mission, stakeholder engagement, and overall transparency of the company's practices and policies.
The Worker section of the survey assesses the company's relationship with its workforce. This section measures how the company treats its workers through compensation, benefits, training, and ownership opportunities provided to workers. It also focuses on the overall work environment within the company through management/worker communication, job flexibility and corporate culture, and worker health and safety practices.
The Community section of the survey assesses a company's impact on its community. The Community section evaluates a company's supplier relations, diversity, and involvement in the local community. The section also measures the company's practices and policies around community service and charitable giving. In addition, this section includes if a company's product or service is designed to solve a social issue, including access to basic services, health, education, economic opportunity, arts, and increasing the flow of capital to purpose-driven enterprises.
The Environment section of the Assessment evaluates a company's environmental performance through its facilities; materials, resource, and energy use; and emissions. Where applicable, it also considers a company's transportation/distribution channels and environmental impact of its supply chain. This section also measures whether a company's products or services are designed to solve an environmental issue, including products that aid in the provision of renewable energy, conserve resources, reduce waste, promote land/wildlife conservation, prevent toxic/hazardous substance or pollution, or educate, measure, or consult to solve environmental problems.
|Overall B Score||80|
80 out of 200 is eligible for certification
*Of all businesses that have completed the B Impact Assessment
*Median scores will not add up to overall
Press & Awards
- Saving the World with Peanut Butter Go »
- A Better World One Jar at a Time Go »
- Yumbutter Creates Food for the 21st Century Go »
- Yumbutter and Martha Stewart American Made Gala Go »
- Yumbutter Wins Local Hero Award Go »
- DailyCandy Editor Coveting Asian Jazz Peanut Butter Go »